Thursday, March 1, 2012

EDU 307 - Topic of Choice - Bahama Mama (before)

For the first time in my life, I am actually going somewhere for spring break. I am going with three of my friends from my sorority. We are going to an all inclusive resort in the Bahamas. I have traveled outside of the country before, but the three other girls I am going with have not. This will be the second time that I will be traveling by myself. I am a little bit nervous only because I hope everything goes as planned. Since we booked it through a student travel agency, there is no plan b, there is only a plan a. If plan a doesn't happen, then I don't know who to call or what will do. To put it in more simple terms, if everything doesn't go exactly as planned, we are screwed. We each had to pay for the trip in December and if anything goes wrong there are no refunds. I am trusting our travel agent that he booked everything correctly and he didn't get us seats on the plane next to the bathroom. With this agency, you know where you are departing from and what time, but that is about all of the information you get. I am not sure if this was a good idea to go through them instead of just booking the trip ourselves, but I guess we will see. 

I have talked to a few people who have gone on this kind of trip before, and they said that it was fun. They said that I should bring my own set of sheets, shower shoes, and Clorox wipes for the room, but it is fun. They said that I probably won't get to sleep because everyone is drunk and loud, but it was fun. The reviews I read when people were having issues with their rooms or whatever the employees response is "just go get drunk and have fun". This is the kind of thing that makes me nervous. I am sure that I will have fun, but I am under the impression that everyone I talked to only had fun because they were completely smashed the entire time. Now don't get me wrong, I like to have a good time, but I am not some out of control party animal. The people I am going with however are closer to out of control party animals. They are a little more enthusiastic when it comes to drinking and having fun. I have this slight feeling that I am going to have to play "mom" and make sure that everyone gets back okay and holding their hair as needed. This is not exactly the spring break I signed up for.

I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes. Hopefully I have a great time and an amazing spring break. Stay tuned for the after I get back from this great trip post...

No comments:

Post a Comment